Here is what you will find in your Play! Kit:
- A Play! Pokémon magnetic whiteboard
- Poké Ball magnets to track player progress
- Play! Pokémon branding materials (window clings, posters, etc.)
- Activity tracker clings for charting the monthly progress of each player
- Activity tracker cards that can be used in conjunction with or in place of clings or a whiteboard
- Avatar sticker sheet that gives players the option to select a Pokémon for their tracker
- You can manage the avatar stickers in the way that works best for your players.
- Three 10-packs of reward stickers (one version for each season)
- Pokémon TCG expansion point-of-sale and marketing materials
- Prize support (stickers) and Prize Packs (see below)
You will also receive a six-month supply of:
- Pokémon Prize Packs (may arrive as a separate shipment)
Every quarter, we’ll replenish the materials described above for the upcoming League seasons and provide marketing materials for the current expansion. An allocation of Prize Packs, to be used at your discretion in support of in-store play, will arrive semiannually.
Please do not hesitate to use these materials to advertise and develop your Pokémon League!
How to use League materials:
- If your store has the space, we recommend hanging your Play! Pokémon magnetic whiteboard in your store both to track your player activities and to draw the attention of new players.
- You’ll find a “Header” cling with the season info in your kit that can be placed at the top or bottom of your whiteboard.
- Align the tracker clings (five player tracks per cling) on your whiteboard (we find it easiest to affix these with the board flat).
- Add player names and avatar stickers to each track on the board, then use Poké Ball magnets to track players’ activity each week. We recommend limiting achievements to two per session, but organizers should use their discretion in how to engage players.
Each activity tracker card is two-sided, with one side branded “League” and the other “Club.” Club activities are intended to support younger players who may not quite be ready to play the Pokémon TCG or other games (because of limited reading or math skills, for example). You can find Club activities for younger players online at https://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/about/pokemon-club-resources/
Ideas for awarding achievements on the player track:
- Completion of an activity from their activity tracker card
- Other play-based activities as determined by the organizer
- Did someone bring along a friend for the first time?
- Did a younger player draw or color a Pokémon?
- Does someone stay after a League session to help you straighten up the play area?
- Did a member forgo playing to run demos/teach other players?
- Other ideas that you have on how to support community bonding and growth
Every three months, you’ll receive an allocation of Pokémon Prize Packs to support in-store play. A new series of Prize Packs is released every six months. Official release dates are February 14 and August 14; packs from new series should not be distributed before these dates.
You may distribute Prize Packs in the way you think is best, but we recommend focusing on ways to motivate your players to regularly participate in League sessions. Below are some ideas for Prize Pack distribution:
- Attending consecutive League sessions
- Prizes for League Challenges and/or Cups, once these events resume
- Bringing a new player to a League session
- Prizes for in-store pickup tournaments
- Anything you think will keep your players coming back for more Pokémon fun!
|Prize Packs Series 1||Released late 2022|
|Prize Packs Series 2||Released February 14, 2023|
|Prize Packs Series 3||Releases August 14, 2023|
|Prize Packs Series 4||Releases February 14, 2024|
|Prize Packs Series 5||Releases August 14, 2024|
Remember: Pokémon Prize Packs are not to be sold in store or online—they are provided to you free of charge to support Play! Pokémon activities in your store. Leagues that sell promotional materials may face penalties, loss of future material (including Prereleases), or closure.