Your progress in Pokémon: Magikarp Jump can only be stored on one device at a time. If you wish to play on a different device, you can transfer your game data to that device.
To transfer your game data, you'll need to create a Backup ID and a Backup Key. This will create a "snapshot" of your game data at the time the backup was made. You can install the game to the new device, and then load your save game data as it was when you created the backup.
To transfer your game data from one device to another you will need the following:
- Your old device
- Your new device
- A stable Wi-Fi connection to the internet
- Start Pokémon: Magikarp Jump on the old device.
- Tap Menu in the upper-right corner of the home screen to open the menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Data Backup.
- Read the warnings and notes thoroughly.
- Enter a Backup ID in the Backup ID field. The ID must be 4–16 characters long.
- Tap Register ID to register the Backup ID. Follow the additional prompts, and a Backup ID will be issued.
- Download and then open Pokémon: Magikarp Jump on the new device.
- When prompted, tap Load Data and enter the Backup ID and Backup Key you obtained in the previous steps.
You can only enter a Backup ID and Backup Key when you start the game for the first time. If you start a new game without loading the backup data, you will have to reinstall the app to load your backup data.
Your Backup ID and Backup Key will always stay the same. Your data should be backed up regularly. Please keep them safe and do not share them with others.
If you wish to continue playing on your old device, you will need to wait three days and follow the steps above to move the game.
When moving game data to a device with a different operating system (for example Android to iOS or iOS to Android), your Diamonds, Exchange Tickets, and the number of exchanges you have made are not moved to the new device. We strongly recommend using these items before moving your game to a new device.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.