These error messages may indicate a temporary issue with the servers.
First, close and then reopen the Pokémon GO app:
- iOS: Tap Settings > Apps > Pokémon GO > Force Stop.
- Android: Double click the Home button to view the most recently used apps, locate the Pokémon GO app, and swipe up to close.
If that doesn’t resolve the issue, please visit the Niantic support page at https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web for more information.
Note: The link takes you to a website that is not created or maintained by The Pokémon Company International.
To verify you have opted in for Pokémon GO in your Pokémon Trainer Club (PTC) account, follow these steps.
- Go to Pokemon.com, and select Log In from the left-hand navigation bar.
- From the Edit Profile options, select Pokémon GO Settings.
“Great! You’re all set to play Pokémon GO. Additional settings can be changed in the Pokémon GO app.”
To log in to Pokémon GO, refer to the below instructions.
If you have signed in to Pokémon GO and played the game using your Pokémon Trainer Club account previously and want to continue that game, do the following.
- Tap Returning Player, choose Pokémon Trainer Club, and sign in using your Pokémon Trainer Club account username and password. This is the same account you use to log in to Pokemon.com.
If you have NOT signed in to Pokémon GO and played the game previously using your Pokémon Trainer Club account, do the following.
- Tap the New Player button, choose Pokémon Trainer Club, and sign in using your Pokémon Trainer Club account username and password.
After you sign in, a new game of Pokémon GO will begin.