Old or outdated graphics drivers can lead to a variety of issues, including black boxes in place of assets, blank assets, and incorrect text displaying. We recommend updating your graphics drivers to resolve these issues by following the steps below.
- Click the Apple logo.
- From the Apple menu, click Software Update.
- If there is a Mac OS X update available, you can install it. A graphics driver update will be included in the Mac OS X update.
First, you must determine which graphics card you have. The easiest way to find your graphics card is to run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool:
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner, type Run, and then hit Enter. The Run dialog box will display.
- Type "dxdiag" in the Open: field, and then click OK. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool dialog box will display.
- Click the Display tab. Information about your graphics card is shown in the Device section. You can see the name of your card as well as how much video memory it has.
Once you have determined the manufacturer and type of graphics card your computer is using, you may visit the manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers.
Other players have found that entering full-screen mode via Alt + Enter (Windows) or Command + Enter (Mac) has resolved graphics issues as well.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.