In order to receive virtual products in the Pokémon TCG Online game, you must obtain a code card from a physical product. Pokémon TCG products can be purchased at major retailers or local shops. We recommend using your favorite search engine or calling local retailers to ensure they sell the product you're looking for.
Make sure the back of the product you purchased has the Pokémon TCG Online symbol. Only products with this symbol contain code cards for the Pokémon TCG Online, if the product does not have this symbol on the back, it does NOT contain a code card and will NOT grant virtual products in the game:
Once you open the product, look for a card that looks like this:
This card is very important! It contains the code that you will redeem to get your virtual product.
How to Redeem Code Cards for the Pokémon TCG Online
There are two ways to redeem your code card: via the Pokémon TCGO game clients for Windows/Mac/Android, or via the official Pokémon website.
To redeem codes in-game:
1. Select the "Redeem Codes" button under the Shopping Cart symbol from the main menu of the Pokémon TCG Online game client.
2. You will be taken to this screen where you can enter your code manually, or you can redeem it with your webcam via the QR Code Reader:
Once you submit a code, the game client will automatically check that it's valid. If it is not valid, the "Claim Your Rewards" screen will indicate why. To receive the virtual products on the "Claim Your Rewards" screen, check mark each item, and then select the "Claim Now" button.
To redeem codes via Pokemon.com:
1. From the official Pokémon website, click "Play" on the top banner and then select the "Redeem Pokémon TCG Online Codes on Pokemon.com" section to open the Code Redemption form (seen below).
2. Be sure you are logged in to the account you wish to receive the virtual items that the code redeems for. Check the sidebar.
3. Enter your information:
4. Check the "I'm not a robot" Captcha box.
5. Enter your TCGO redemption code and "Submit Code".
6. Once you submit a code, it will be automatically checked for validity. If it is not valid, the "Claim Your Rewards" screen will indicate why. Repeat for any additional redemption codes (if applicable).
7. Finally, to receive your virtual products in the "Claim Your Rewards" screen, you must check-mark each item first, and then select "Claim Now".
Once redeemed, your virtual product will either be redeemed to your collection automatically, or with the case of most booster packs and theme decks, a pack will be sent to the Packs section of your Collection to be opened. To access the Packs section, navigate to your Collection screen either through the button "Go to your Collection" that pops up when redeeming products, or by opening the Cards menu near the top left of the screen and selecting the "Collection" button:
From here you can access the "Packs" tab and open your virtual products!
If you experience any code redemption issues, please submit a ticket via our support center by logging in to support.pokemon.com with your Trainer Club account.
Please retain your code cards and transaction ID numbers for future reference. Your code cards and transaction ID numbers are vital to servicing any code redemption issue. Without this information, we may not be able to fully address your issue, and your claim may be dismissed.
Basic information to provide when submitting a code redemption issue support request:
- Username of account the code was redeemed to
- Code # and item type
We reserve the right to determine the validity of any information submitted for the purposes of your code redemption investigation. Providing false or altered information may result in action being taken against your account.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.