To receive virtual products in the Pokémon TCG Online, you must obtain a code card from a physical product. Pokémon TCG products can be purchased at major retailers or local shops. We recommend confirming with your local retailer(s) to ensure they sell the product you're looking for.
Make sure the back of the product you purchased has the Pokémon TCG Online symbol. Only products with this symbol contain code cards for the Pokémon TCG Online. If the product does not have this symbol on the back, it does NOT contain a code card and will NOT grant virtual products in the online game.
How to Redeem Code Cards for the Pokémon TCG Online
There are two ways to redeem your code card:
- The Pokémon TCGO game client (in-game).
- The official Pokémon website.
To redeem codes in-game:
- Launch the Pokémon TCG Online.
- From the Shopping Cart menu, select Redeem Codes. From here you can enter your code manually, or redeem it with your webcam via the QR Code Reader.
Once you submit a code, the game client will automatically check that it's valid. If it’s not valid, the Claim Your Rewards screen will display the reason why.
To receive the virtual products on the Claim Your Rewards screen, check each item, and then click Claim Now.
To redeem or verify codes via Pokemon.com:
- From the official Pokémon website, click the Play icon on the top banner and then select Redeem Pokémon TCG Online Codes on Pokemon.com to open the Code Redemption form.
- Be sure you are logged in to the account you wish to receive the virtual items that the code unlocks.
- Enter your information and then check the I'm not a robot Captcha box.
- Enter your redemption code and click Submit Code. Once you submit a code, it will be automatically checked for validity. If it is not valid, the Claim Your Rewards screen will display the reason why. Repeat for any additional redemption codes.
- Finally, to receive your virtual products in the Claim Your Rewards screen, you must check each item first, and then click Claim Now.
Once redeemed, your virtual product will either be redeemed to your collection automatically, or in the case of most booster packs and theme decks, a pack will be sent to the Packs section of your Collection.
To access the Packs section, navigate to your Collection screen either through the Go to your Collection button that displays when redeeming products, or by opening the Cards menu near the top left of the screen and selecting Collection. From here you can access the Packs section and open your virtual products.
For code redemption issues, please submit a ticket via our support portal by logging in to support.pokemon.com with your Trainer Club account.
Please retain your code cards and transaction ID numbers for future reference as they are vital to investigating any code redemption issue. Without this information, we may not be able to fully address your issue, and your claim may be dismissed.
Basic information to provide when submitting a code redemption issue support request:
- Username of account that redeemed the code
- Code number and item type
We reserve the right to determine the validity of any information submitted for the purposes of your code redemption investigation. Providing false or altered information may result in action being taken against your account.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.