As you earn Pokémon Trading Card Game digital boosters in the Pokémon TCG Online you will notice that some of them are trade locked as shown below.
These boosters and the cards that come in them cannot be traded from your account. They exist to help you build your own personal collection.
Other boosters will be marked as tradable and the number of them you have will appear in the blue box on the bottom left. In the picture below you can see that this player has 1 booster available for trade and 4 that are non-tradable.
You can open tradable boosters if you want or you can trade them with other players. All of the cards that come from these tradable boosters are also tradable. If you own both tradable and trade locked boosters of the same type, the trade locked boosters are always opened first.
The 4 boosters shown below are all tradable. If you do put any of them up for trade, they will temporarily go to non-tradable status so that you don’t accidentally open anything that is in a trade or create multiple trades for the same items.
Here is where you can earn the different types of boosters (including cards and gameplay items like sleeves or coins) in-game:
Trade Locked Boosters, Cards, and Gameplay Items
- Daily Login Rewards
- Trainer Challenges
- VS Ladder including spins from the Bonus and Victor’s Wheels
- Tier 1 and 2 Daily and Special Challenges
- Products purchased from the store with Trainer Tokens (with the exception of the Pikachu Trainer bundle)
Tradable Boosters, Cards, and Gameplay Items
- Items gained through code card redemption (code cards from physical products)
- Items gained through winning tournaments including spins from the Tournament Bonus Wheel
- Items gained from Tier 3 Daily Challenges
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.