To receive the Pokémon Trainer Club newsletter, you need a Pokémon Trainer Club account. When going through the sign-up process, be sure to check the box “I would like to receive marketing email messages from The Pokémon Company International.”
To confirm that you are signed up for the newsletter:
- Log in to your Pokémon Trainer Club account.
- If you are already logged in, click on your avatar on the fly-out menu on the left-hand side of the home page and select “View your profile”
- Click “Edit Profile” and scroll down to the Marketing Preference section.
- Ensure the “I would like to receive marketing communications, including email messages with the latest news, offers, promotions, events, and games, and other ways to receive marketing communications from The Pokémon Company International.” box is checked and select “Save"
I did not sign up or opt-in for marketing emails before the first of the month; can I still receive a copy of this month’s newsletter?
No, to receive the PTC newsletter for a given month, you must have signed up for a PTC account and be opted-in for marketing email messages prior to the first of that month. Please note: If you were not able to sign up or opt in for the newsletter before the first of the month, unfortunately, we are unable to generate a newsletter for you. Please ensure that your PTC account is opted-in for marketing email messages to receive the future newsletters.
When will I receive my newsletter?
Although release dates may vary, we typically expect the newsletters to be sent around the third week of the month.
I didn’t receive my newsletter, what can I do?
If you have not received the latest newsletter, there are a number of things you should check.
- The Pokémon newsletter may be filtered as “promotional material” or “spam” by many email service providers. If you use a Yahoo or Microsoft email such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com, or outlook.com, be sure to check your spam and/or junk folder regularly. If you see the newsletter in this folder, make sure to mark it as “not spam” to be able to view the newsletter and to receive it in your regular inbox going forward. If you have the “Focused Inbox” enabled, toggle to the “Other” view to check for the newsletter there.
- If you use Google Gmail or an email that runs through Gmail, the newsletter will very likely be sent to your Promotions tab (rather than the default Primary tab).
- Make sure to open the newsletter when you receive it. Deleting the newsletter without opening it can teach your email service provider to treat future newsletters as junk and stop forwarding them to you.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email address book. Adding an address manually to your address book identifies the email as safe to deliver to your inbox.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.