Fair-play points are a score that show the quality of a player’s conduct (and whether their conduct has been deemed unfair). Players may lose fair-play points if they are a hindrance during battle or behave inappropriately, and players may gain points if they play appropriately without acting in a way that is deemed unfair.
Players start at 100 points (the maximum) and may lose points until reaching 0 (the minimum).
Losing and Gaining Fair-Play Points
- The following actions will cause you to lose fair-play points:
- Abandoning a matchmade team: −1 point
- Idling in a battle for a short period of time: −2 points
- Idling in a battle for a long period of time: −5 points
- Idling in a battle with malicious intent: −8 points
- In addition, a total of -10 fair-play points may be deducted based on reports from other players.
- Playing normally will reward you with fair-play points depending on the battle type:
- Standard battle random match: +2 points
- Standard battle CPU match: +1 point
- Ranked match: +2 points
- You can gain a maximum of 5 fair-play points per day.
Fair-Play Point Restrictions
- If you have fewer than 90 fair-play points, you will no longer receive fair-play point rewards earned for playing normally.
- If you have fewer than 80 fair-play points, you will not be able to join ranked matches.
- If you have fewer than 60 fair-play points, you will not be able to join random matches. (You will only be able to play with friends and CPU Trainers.)
Checking Your Fair-Play Points
- To check your fair-play points in-game, please follow these steps: From the main menu, select the Trainer profile (press the L Button on the Nintendo Switch), then select Fair-Play Points.