To use voice chat in the Nintendo Switch version of Pokémon UNITE, you must be Trainer level 6 or higher and in a battle with other players. To use voice chat, please follow these steps:
- Use headphones compatible with your Nintendo Switch system.
- Open Pokémon UNITE, and start a battle.
- Once the match begins, press the +Button to open the in-game menu.
- Next, press the -Button to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down to Voice Chat Settings.
- If you want to hear other players, please change Incoming to On.
- If you want to hear only invited friends, change Incoming Range from Team: All to Team: Invited. If you select Team: All, you will be able to hear the entire team.
- If you would like other players to be able to hear you, change Outgoing to On.
- If you want to be heard only by invited friends, change Outgoing Range from Team: All to Team: Invited. If you select Team: All, your entire team may be able to hear you.
Note: There are many reasons voice chat may not be available. For more information, please see our support article here about why some features may not be accessible in Pokémon UNITE.