My League application has just been approved. What do I do next to get set up?
- To get to your League Details page, visit your OP Tools Dashboard and navigate to "My Current Activities." You must be logged in to your Pokémon Trainer Club account to make changes to this page.
- Download Tournament Operations Manager (TOM), which will allow you to run tournaments. Play! Tools is used to create, sanction, and report your events where required. Visit this page for more information about hosting tournaments.
- Add play times to make your League visible for players on the Event Finder, found here!
- Run League sessions and schedule play times.
- Please note that accounts on https://www.pokemon.com/ are not to be shared with another person, and players and Professors should maintain only one Pokémon Trainer Club account.
How do I update the information for my League?
When logged in to Pokemon.com with your Player ID, you will be able to edit items such as venue and mailing addresses, add League Leaders, and grant League Leader permissions on your League Details page. Please be sure to keep your information up-to-date as we will only use the contact and shipping information listed on your League Details page.
- Add a League Leader: This is a trusted individual who can help run your League. They will need to have their own Pokémon Trainer club account, take the Professor exam, and pass a background check. They can be added on the League Details page using the “Edit Leaders” button.
- Modifying shipping or venue address: Use the “Edit Address” button on your League Details page to edit the address information for your League. If the Organized Play team needs any additional information regarding an address change, we will reach out to the contact email on your League Details page and request a response.
- Edit contact information: You can use the “Edit Contact Info” button to make any changes to your League name, contact email, contact number, or listed website for your venue.
- Please note that Pokémon Trainer Club accounts are not to be shared with another person, and players and Professors should maintain only one Pokémon Trainer Club account.
How do I schedule, run, and report League play?
League events are casual events where your community can come together to play. You can design your League sessions depending on the needs of your players (ex. a few matches, a trading event, a more competitive tournament).
- Add play times: On the League Details page, click the “Add Play Times” button above your calendar. From here, you can select the date and time for your League play.
- Add players to your roster: On the League Details page, select "Add Player" and enter their Player ID, name, and date of birth.
- Reporting Window: The reporting window is currently the 8th of the current month through the 7th of the next month. You will need to add any players who have attended your events, and at the end of the reporting window, our system will automatically create your report based on the players added during that time.
- League Reporting: You will need to confirm that all your players have been added to your roster by the end of the reporting window listed on your League Details page. At the end of the reporting window, our system will automatically create a report with any of the players added to your roster during that season. If you maintain your League roster throughout the season by adding new players after every session, it will be easier for you to complete the report!
- Generate new Player IDs: From the OP Tools Dashboard, navigate to “Organizer Information” and select “Order More Player IDs.” Then, select the “Print Booklets” tab and click “Generate Player ID Booklet.”
How do I schedule tournaments for my League?
Tournament Operations Manager (TOM) is our tournament management program. It will allow you to run tournaments and Prerelease events, with Play! Tools used to create, sanction, and report your events where required. Visit this page for more information about hosting tournaments.
- Download Tournament Operations Manager (TOM), which will allow you to run tournaments.
- Play! Tools is used to create, sanction, and report your events where required.
- You can find additional information on how to use TOM and set up events by visiting this page.
- TOM will be used for Prerelease events and casual tournaments, with Play! Tools used to create, sanction, and report those events.
What is League reporting?
Reporting is how Leagues tell the Organized Play team the total number of players they had for the month-long season, and it is crucial in maintaining good standing with Play! Pokémon. Reporting will be done through your League Details page. Consistently reporting your player numbers can make you eligible for additional Play! Pokémon events.
Regular League and tournament reporting each month will be required for Leagues to maintain eligibility for events, allocations, and additional event and prize support. League Owners or Leaders will need to report activity for all League events, and players will need to be logged during the reporting window, which will run from the 8th of each month to the 7th of the next month, allowing one full month to report players for League events. Leagues will be able to add players to their report throughout the reporting window, and our system will automatically create your League report when the reporting window closes. Please ensure that your League Shipping address is up-to-date, as we will ship any League support to the shipping address listed on your League Details page.
Failure to maintain consistent and accurate reporting can lead to your League going into Overdue or Inactive status, which will affect your eligibility to host events such as Prerelease and your allocations of League support materials.
How do I report tournament attendance?
Tournament Operations Manager (TOM) is our tournament management program. It will allow you to run tournaments. Play! Tools is used to create, sanction and report your events where required. You can download TOM and find additional information on how to use TOM and Play! Tools to set up events, manage your player roster, and complete reporting by visiting the TOM and Play! Tools download pages.
How do I order prize support for my League?
Ordering of prize support is no longer completed through your League Details page. Please ensure that your League Shipping address is up-to-date, as we will ship any prize support to the shipping address listed on your League Details page.
Please be sure to keep an eye out for emails from the Organized Play Market Development Team, as we will contact Leagues directly when more information becomes available.
Additional League Resources
- Play! Pokémon Rules & Resources: This includes documents for League Rules and Guidance, Tournament Operations Procedures, TCG & VG Rules and Formats, and more
- Event Sanctioning Requirements
- Event Locator Tool
- Play! Pokémon League Handbook
Additional Player Resources
- Get Ready to Play! Pokémon TCG at Pokémon League: Welcome to League play! Here is how to get started.
- Pokémon Trading Card Game Live: Organize your players for online tournaments and meetups.
- Pokémon Club Activities: A variety of fun Pokémon activities for kids to print and complete at home.
- How to Play the Pokémon TCG: Watch tutorial videos to learn how to play and deepen your understanding of the Pokémon Trading Card Game.
- Pokémon TCG Raid Battle: Team up and take down a super-powerful Pokémon—all from the comfort of your home!
Please note, the information listed here is subject to change. Be sure to keep an eye out for future communications regarding the status of Play! Pokémon events as we will reach out to Leagues directly with updates on the program!
If you have any additional questions, please feel free to submit a ticket to our Customer Support team here.