The Poké Ball Plus comes with and uses a rechargeable battery. The battery can be charged using the USB charging cable that comes with the Poké Ball Plus. The battery is not removable.
To check the remaining battery charge on the Poké Ball Plus:
- Make sure the Poké Ball Plus is not connected to another device, such as Nintendo Switch.
- Press and hold down the Top Button and the Control Stick for at least five seconds. The light will flash a different color indicating the remaining battery charge:
Green: battery charge remaining is high
Yellow: battery charge remaining is medium
Red: battery charge remaining is low
- Press the Control Stick once to stop the light from flashing.
The Poké Ball Plus can be charged using the methods below.
- Using the Nintendo Switch AC Adapter.
- Using the USB cable that came with the Switch and charging it via the Nintendo Switch dock.
- Using the USB cable that came with the Switch and charging it via Nintendo USB AC Adapter.
It is possible to charge via a PC or mobile battery, but because of the number of OS and device combinations, it is not guaranteed.
Please note: The Poké Ball Plus will unpair automatically after one hour of being paired without interruption. Re-pair it with your smartphone to begin using the Poké Ball Plus again.
For more information or questions about battery service, go to support.nintendo.com.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.