Note: Bluetooth® must be enabled on your smartphone for the Poké Ball Plus to connect. Please refer to your smartphone’s user manual or below for details on enabling Bluetooth.
- Open the Pokémon GO app.
- In Map view, tap the Main Menu button.
- At the top right, tap the Settings button.
- Tap Connected Devices and Services.
- Press the top button of the Poké Ball Plus to make the accessory discoverable.
- A dialog box asking you if you want to Enable Poke Ball Plus displays. Tap Turn It On!.
- Your Poké Ball Plus and game should connect.
If successful, the Poké Ball Plus icon in the game will become brighter and pressing the top button on the Poké Ball Plus will cause it to vibrate.
If for some reason your Poké Ball Plus disconnects on its own, you can reconnect it by following the steps above. If disconnected, your Poké Ball Plus will flash a white light when pressed.
If you experience frequent disconnects, make sure your Poké Ball Plus is charged and consider restarting your smartphone.