While transferring a Pokémon from the smart device app Pokémon GO to Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! on Nintendo Switch, the app may not be able to resume the transfer if the connection is interrupted. However, users will be able to continue to play the game once they exit the transfer screen.
- If the Pokémon GO app gets disconnected while transferring Pokémon to your Nintendo Switch console, there is a chance that the "resume transfer" function will no longer work.
- It is also possible that the Pokémon GO app in which this issue occurred will no longer connect to any supported games on Nintendo Switch.
- To prevent this issue from occurring, ensure that you have a stable connection between the smart device and the Nintendo Switch game when transferring Pokémon.
Steps to resolve:
Uninstall the Pokémon GO app from your smart device and then reinstall it. Note: The Pokémon may become lost and cannot be recovered, as uninstalling and reinstalling the app would cause the transfer process to be stuck in limbo.
While transferring Pokémon between Pokémon GO and a supported game on Nintendo Switch, we recommend the following to avoid interrupting the connection between the two:
- Do not press the HOME Button or the POWER Button on the console.
- Do not pause the app, press the home button, or turn off Bluetooth settings on the smart device.
- Keep a short distance between the Nintendo Switch console and the smart device.