After pairing your Poké Ball Plus to your Pokémon GO app, the Poké Ball Plus should automatically vibrate as you approach PokéStops to indicate that the Photo Disc is automatically being spun and any items it has generated are being added to your bag.
This is automatic as long as your Poké Ball Plus is connected and active.
If your Poké Ball Plus is connected but you find that you are not automatically receiving items, please check the following:
- If your bag is full, you will be unable to receive items from PokéStops. Use up items or discard items from your bag to free up space.
- If you have collected items from the PokéStop recently, it will cool down for a short period of time and you will need to wait before the PokéStop can be accessed again.
- Your Poké Ball Plus comes with a Pokémon inside when new. If that Pokémon has been transferred from the Poké Ball Plus to the Nintendo Switch game Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!, there will be no Pokémon inside the Poké Ball Plus and PokéStops will not automatically be spun.
If this is the case, follow the steps below to ensure a Pokémon is inside your Poké Ball Plus:
- Ensure that the Poké Ball Plus is not paired to Pokémon GO, and then launch Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! from the Nintendo Switch HOME Menu.
- Press the X Button during gameplay to access the in-game menu.
- Select Save.
- Select Take your Pokémon for a stroll.
- This option becomes available after you have battled your rival for the first time.
- Note that your Pokémon will still be available to use in the Nintendo Switch game while going for a stroll in the Poké Ball Plus.
- While your Pokémon is in the Poké Ball Plus, you can take the Pokémon for a stroll. To play with your Pokémon, hold down the Control Stick until the Poké Ball Plus lights up, then shake the Poké Ball Plus.
- Any experience or rewards earned while in the Poké Ball Plus will be granted to the Pokémon in the Nintendo Switch game.
- One Pokémon at a time can be moved to the Poké Ball Plus.
- Pokémon can be returned to the same game that they came from – they can’t be transferred to a different copy.
- Only regular (red) Poké Balls are used when attempting a catch in Pokémon GO using the Poké Ball Plus.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Click here to submit a service request form.