Pokémon UNITE Game Content Guidelines for Online Platforms
Last updated August 19, 2021.
The Pokémon Company (collectively “Pokémon,” “we,” “our,” “us”) enjoys the dedication and joy our fans have for our products. For our game Pokémon UNITE (“Game”), we recognize that individual players (“you”) will want to share creative videos and images using gameplay footage and/or screenshots captured from Pokémon UNITE (collectively, “Game Content”). Subject to these Pokémon UNITE Game Content Guidelines for Online Platforms (“Guidelines”), we will not object to your individual use of videos and images from the Game for content that you create. Pokémon and its subsidiaries reserve the right to remove content that violates these Guidelines or is otherwise inappropriate or unlawful.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Game Content can be used on non-commercial websites and social media operated by individuals. It can also be used and monetized on video sharing platforms through its respective official monetization methods, including but not limited to streaming platforms such as YouTube, Niconico, Twitch, and Twitter.
- Do not post on websites, social media, video sharing websites, or other online platforms that contain content that is illegal, inappropriate, or otherwise objectionable to us. Your content must not contain any content that is illegal, inappropriate, or otherwise objectionable to us.
- Do not post to websites and social media that prohibit posts using our Game Content.
- Do not create content for the sole purpose of distributing Game assets (such as Pokémon art or music).
- Your content, and the platforms your content is posted to, cannot lead to the dilution of our intellectual property rights.
- These guidelines apply only to the game Pokémon UNITE. Other Pokémon services are not covered by these Guidelines.
- If your content uses a third party’s intellectual property, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary permissions to post such content.
- If your content includes the personal information of other players, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary authorization from such players to post such content.
- Do not imply, claim, or otherwise misrepresent that you are officially affiliated with or sponsored by Pokémon, Nintendo, or Tencent / Tencent Games / TiMi Studios.
- Avoid editing Game Content so as to misrepresent yourself, Pokémon UNITE, or others, such as the Game’s gameplay or graphics, your Pokémon UNITE inventory or game statistics, or other players.
The Guidelines are subject to change without notice, and Pokémon is not responsible for any damage caused by changes in the Guidelines. Please consult the latest version of the Guidelines, as indicated by the “Last updated” date, before sharing any content, as the Guidelines may be updated from time to time. We will not be able to respond to individual inquiries related to these Guidelines.