Please find below frequently asked questions related to code cards and code card redemption. If these don’t answer your question, please see our instructions on submitting a support request, here.
How do I redeem a code card in Pokémon TCG Live?
Redeem in the Pokémon TCG Live app (in-game on Android or desktop)
- Open the app and navigate to the Shop.
- Select Redeem.
- Either manually enter the code or use a webcam to scan the card's QR code.
- Once a code has been submitted and validated. you must check each item and then select Claim Now. Afterward, the item(s) will either be automatically redeemed to your collection, or they will be sent to the Inbox under the Menu. For example, booster packs and coins will be sent to your inbox.
Redeem on the official Pokémon website
- Navigate to the official Pokémon TCG Live website, here.
- From the navigation menu, select Redeem Code, which will open the log-in screen for your Pokémon Trainer Club account.
- Log in to the account associated with Pokémon TCG Live.
- Enter your code(s) and select Submit Code.
- A menu should appear that displays your rewards.
- Select Claim Now to add the rewards to your collection.
I bought a Pokémon TCG product at the store and there is no code in it. What do I do?
Only specially marked Pokémon TCG products contain codes that can be redeemed in Pokémon TCG Live or on the website. You will not be able to unlock digital rewards unless you have purchased the appropriately marked products. If the product you purchased was correctly marked but did not contain a code, or if you experience a code redemption issue, please submit a support request, here.
What are code cards for preconstructed decks in Pokémon TCG Live, and how do I redeem them?
Code cards from Pokémon TCG preconstructed decks unlock digital versions of Pokémon TCG theme decks. These decks are sold in stores and online, and each contains a code card that can be redeemed in Pokémon TCG Live or on the website.
What will I receive in Pokémon TCG Live if I redeem a code card that I obtained from a Pokémon TCG product?
Some Pokémon TCG products come with code cards that can be redeemed in Pokémon TCG Live or on the website. You can find Pokémon TCG Live card drop rate information, here. Below are some examples of what you can expect when redeeming a code card received with a Pokémon TCG product.
Booster packs contain a mix of 5 cards (common, uncommon, and one card of rare or higher rarity). Specially marked booster packs contain a code card that can be redeemed for a digital booster pack in the Pokémon TCG Live Shop or on the website. Please note that the pack you redeem digitally will not necessarily contain the same cards as the physical booster pack from which you received the code.
Theme decks are preconstructed decks of 60 cards built around a central theme. These can contain a mix of cards and card types. The back of each theme deck package will contain a list of the included cards. Each theme deck will contain a code card that, when redeemed, unlocks the same deck in-game.
Please note that certain Pokémon TCG products may differ from the above examples.
I redeemed my code to the wrong account. What can I do?
Please take precautionary measures to ensure that you are logged in to the correct account before redeeming any codes in-game or on the website. If you are logged in to Pokemon.com, you may be required to log in again on the Pokémon TCG Live site.
How many codes am I allowed to redeem?
Code cards found in physical Pokémon TCG products have a “soft” redemption limit, based on the product type (more information below). Once a product's soft redemption limit has been reached, any additional codes redeemed from that product will grant a small amount of in-game currency instead of the in-game items associated with that product. There is no limit to the number of codes that can be redeemed from a product after its soft redemption limit has been reached.
Entering a code in Pokémon TCG Live or on the website will display the name of the in-game item, bundle, or in-game currency that you will receive if you claim that code. Entering the code will also show the total number of codes you have redeemed for that specific product and the product’s redemption limit.
Please find below the standard soft redemption limits for each product type, though note that some products may have slightly different limits based on their contents.
- Booster Pack - 400 per expansion
- Build & Battle Box - 25 per expansion
- Preconstructed Deck - 4 per deck
- Other product types - 4 per product if 1 or more cards would be received, or 1 per product if only deck or avatar customization items would be received.
I experienced an error when attempting to redeem a code, or my question was not answered here. What do I do?
There are a lot of reasons why your code could display as invalid, and so we recommend that you contact us so that we can investigate the matter for you.
How to submit a code card support request:
- Log in to our support portal with the Pokémon Trainer Club account associated with Pokémon TCG Live (where you experienced the code redemption issue).
- Navigate to the Pokémon TCG Live form, here, and provide as much information as possible. We require (at minimum) the following:
- Screen name of the account the code was redeemed to
- Code number
- Platform on which you experienced redemption issues (in-game or website)
- Submit your request and the support team will respond to inquiries in the order in which they are received.
Please note the following:
- Retain your code cards and transaction ID numbers for future reference. Without this information, we may not be able to fully address your issue, and your claim may be dismissed.
We reserve the right to determine the validity of any information submitted for the purpose of your code redemption investigation. Providing false or altered information may result in action being taken against your account.